[TowerTalk] Portable tribander design help?

Jim Idelson k1ir@designet.com
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 16:22:20 -0500

Hi all. Looks like I'll be in Europe during the ARRL CW DX contest. I'll be bringing along my IC706 and doing a 100 watt effort for the contest. It will be an all-band effort with heavy emphasis on running on the high bands. I'd like to put up a briefcase-portable antenna with gain fixed on the US for 20-10. Can anybody help out with a tribander design that uses thin wire elements and a minimum number of traps? Something equivalent to an A3 or other small tribander would be great! I have EZNEC . . . if you have a simple tribander model, I'd be happy to start there.

Jim K1IR