[TowerTalk] More Slingshot info

James P. Cassidy 107770.3462@compuserve.com
Wed, 4 Jul 2001 17:46:52 -0400

I would like to add to my earlier post, the Eze Hang was the substitute
device.  Bill N7OU had a regular wrist rocket without the reel.  He would
just arrange the mono line on the ground so it could fly up easily.  That
worked better than the reel. He broke one of the rubber bands so used the
Eze Hang.  He also had added some tape to the leather patch on his so it
shot the weight a little more straight.

I imagine that a larger reel would be better.  Maybe even a wide smooth
open hoop as the use with archery equpment and  a line.

Now for a more fantasy idea, I recently saw a fisherman with a huge
slingshot.  It was a large metal frame and he used a boat trailer winch to
pull back the rubber cords.  It was capable of shooting a heavy weight a
couple of hundred yards.  Just an idea for those of you with bigger trees
orhave to have more power!

73 Jim KI7Y

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com">