[TowerTalk] Pointy Top / Mast Binding - Tips?

Pete Smith n4zr@contesting.com
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 13:32:47 -0400

All this puzzles me a little bit.  I have a 25AG3 pointy top with a 2" Rohn
galvanized mast - the top section was new 5 years ago when I put the tower
up.  The mast was a loose fit in the top section, and at 1 RPM lubrication
seemed unnecessary.  That has proved to be the case so far, despite the
usual assortment of wind and weather.

I'm wondering if maybe there isn't some galvanizing slag inside Bill's top
section, accounting for the tight fit.  Once it's removed, lubrication may
be an exercise in overkill.

73, Pete N4ZR
No, no ... that's WEST Virginia

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us