[TowerTalk] Substitute thicker Phillystran?

Pete Smith n4zr@contesting.com
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 22:04:16 -0400

At 09:34 PM 7/19/01 -0400, Michael Rauh wrote:

>Reply to mikerauh@ic.org
>
>Hank,
>
>Thanks to you and all who posted on my question. I feel a lot more confident
>about trying out the thicker philly, and your advice has saved me about
>$600.
>
>Maybe someday someone will write a theoretical treatment of the guyed tower
>for amateurs.  In the meantime I'm planning a trip to the OSU library to see
>what they have on steel structures.  I've found some elementary material
>about Euler columns and buckling theory.  I hope to learn more.

Mike --Take a look at K7NV's web site for his Yagistress software.  There
is a very interesting article there on the behavior of guyed towers.

73, Pete N4ZR
No, no ... that's WEST Virginia

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com">