[TowerTalk] Galvanized U Bolt Clamps?

Lance Collister w7gj@bigskyspaces.com
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 16:01:19 -0600

Hello!

I am in the process of building an EME array for 6m, and need to construct the H
frame.  I have been unable to find a local source for galvanized clamps, and I
wonder if anyone can suggest a place to purchase them.

My vertical masts are 2.375" OD aluminum pipe.  With automotive muffler clamps,
which I have used in the past, I have found that a "heavy duty" 2.25" would provide
a tight-fitting saddle.  If I can't come up with a source for galvanized clamps at a
reasonable price, the plan is to buy the galvanized U bolts, and use them with
locally powder-coated (including a zinc primer first) heavy duty automotive muffler
clamp saddles.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  MNI TNX and 73, Lance
--
Lance Collister, W7GJ (ex: WN3GPL, WA3GPL, WA1JXN, WA1JXN/C6A, ZF2OC/ZF8)
P.O. Box 73

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com">
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>