[TowerTalk] Hum and buzz noise

jerryc jerryc@netscope.net
Sat, 21 Jul 2001 17:33:29 -0400

I realize this is an issue unrelated to towers and antenna construction but
would greatly appreciate
someone pointing me in the direction of info. about powerline or other
electrical interference.
I am getting video noise in my tv sets (all three),  receiver noise
(sporadic welding like sounds) and
in intermittent (volume goes up and down but never stops) power supply hum
on one transceiver.
Have taken the transceiver to two other friends houses and one repair shop
and the hum is gone but
always returns when I get back home.  I have checked wiring and installed
new grounds.  Turned off all power in the house except on the one circuit
the transceiver is on (its 120vac).  Tried the same with it on a different
circuit.  Still the hum is there.  Have unhooked the doorbell, motion sensor
porch light, and anything else I could think of.  Haven't called the power
co. yet.  Want to do some
research first.  They respond slow if at all to radio interference
complaints.
Thanks for any guidance.
JerryC
jerryc@netscope.net