[TowerTalk] tieing utility and tower grounds together

Jim Spears n1nk@home.com
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 20:46:17 -0400

my planned installation has the tower at the opposite (long) end of the
house from the utility entrance.  this is where the power, phone, cable, etc
are all tied together on one galvanized pipe driven who knows how far into
the ground.  this area tends to be rocky so I hope that they hit it hard
enough to move the rocks.

given that I should tie together the utility ground point to the tower
ground point, what is the most efficient method when they are separated by
80 or 90 feet of linear distance along the walls, something more like 65
feet straight line.  putting the tower near the utility entrance is not an
option due to setback and overhanging trees.  with some trouble, I could run
a copper flashing strip along the back of the house then around the corner
up the side.

ideas???   suggestions???

jim
N1NK