[TowerTalk] Re: US Towers 472 coax question

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 00:57:40 EDT

In a message dated 7/23/01 1:23:37 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
jfarber@sprynet.com writes:

> I just got my US Towers 472 MDP tower up, with a 31 L Tennadye log for
>  50-1300 at the top and a KLM 6M7LB yagi below it. I am trying to figure the
>  distance between coax arms that the coax should be taped to. I can't seem
>  locate that spec in the US towers material. In other words, when the tower
>  is fully extended, what is the distance between consecutive coax arms?

    Actually I prefer to secure them at the top coax arm and then let them
run thru the others without being secured. It's very time consuming to tape
the cables, run the tower up and see if it's right (it'll always be too long
or too short), run it down, make an adjustment, repeat many times.

    When the tower is lowered, the cables just lay on the ground until you
raise it.

Cheers,   Steve    K7LXC
Tower Tech

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us