[TowerTalk] Re: US Towers 472 coax question

Frank C. Travanty w9jcc@juno.com
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 10:20:55 -0500

Ditto,
I've used free standing crank ups for over 30 years, and never taped any
lines where they can "slide" thru the hoops. I try to do a good job of
strain relief at the top hoop - usually use a layer or two of old water
hose over the cables, and electrical tape to form a gradual loop before
going vertical.  When the tower is lowered, I just toss the excess over a
nearby bush.

Frank W9JCC

On Mon, 23 Jul 2001 16:42:33 -0400 Jeff Singer <k2kv@reallybig.com>
writes:

> Why tape them up? Personally, I would just let the coax slide
> through the
> loops.
>
> When the tower comes down and goes up repetitively, the coax will
> BEND
> uncomfortably at the tape points, causing inevitable eventual damage
> and
> failure.
>
> Just my opinion, of course.
>
> 73 de Jeff K2KV