[TowerTalk] Re: Open ladder line question

DGB DGB" <dgbcms@netnet.net
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 05:16:13 -0500

I have a similar setup with 92 ft. of 450 ohm ladder line
with my shack in the garage.

What I did was cut off several segments of 4" dia. pvc about
2" long. Then I epoxied inside and across the dia. at one
end of the tubing,  a 1/4 thick x 1w" piece of
non-conductor. In the center of that flat I drilled a hole
for a galvanized drywall screw that allows me to screw them
to the side of the building. I put a row of them up near the
top of the wall, staying about 8" away from the aluminum
eve, and another row about a foot from the ground. I looped
or zig-zagged the surplus length of ladder line up and down
around these and fasten the ladder-line to them with plastic
ties.

It works great and have notice no interaction with the
electrical wiring that runs thru the wall.

73 Dwight W9YQ