[TowerTalk] How high should my Tower be for 10-20 Meters?

Joe Subich, K4IK w8ik@subich.com
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 13:26:13 -0400

Nathaniel,

Many years ago when I was in Columbus my studies indicated
one wanted to be around 50 to 55 feet for reasonable minimum
performance on 20 meters (I don't believe one gets enough bang
for the buck putting a 20 meter yagi much below 50').

That said, I would not trust either American or Rohn 25
without guys at any height.  Look at a tower designed for
free standing service like the Trylon Titan.  For a small
tribander (C-3, etc.). With the minimal windload requirements
in your area, one of the lighter duty Trylon towers at 48 or
56' would be an excellent solution.

73,

   ... Joe, K4IK