[TowerTalk] Large Navy Antenna Farm in N. California

Gary McDuffie, Sr. ag0n@arrl.net
Sat, 28 Jul 2001 11:38:36 -0600

On Sat, 28 Jul 2001 09:23:48 -0700, Craig McCartney wrote:

> Although is started as a Navy site, call sign NPG,

Wow.. does that bring back memories.  I used to listen to the constant
VVV NPG NPG NPG on 4.00x MHz as a kid in the late 50s, early 60s.  They
had a heck of a signal in Eureka.  When I got my novice ticket, I used
to sit for hours and practice to see if I could make my fist sound
exactly like their signal.  I got quite good at it and still have it.
Too bad I don't use it much anymore!  ;o)

Gary

ag0n at arrl dot net
http colon slash slash mcduffie dot ws
--