[TowerTalk] Uncoiling CATV hardline

Mike Gilmer - N2MG n2mg@contesting.com
31 Jul 2001 13:23:46 -0700

Is there a good way to uncoil CATV (or other) hardline in a manner that will produce a relatively straight, un-kinked and bump-free line?   I can imagine "simply" uncoiling it slowly along the ground if the coil size/weight is manageable.  I have several coils that meet these criteria.  I'd also imagine that there'd be some residual "curl" left in the cable.

However, I have one large, heavy coil that is ~500 feet of jacketed 3/4" that is NOT on a spool (spool disintegrated).  I think this would prove to be way too big to roll along the ground.

Any ideas?

Mike N2MG