[TowerTalk] Guy rod stress

Mike Gilmer - N2MG n2mg@contesting.com
1 Jun 2001 12:33:56 -0700

Part of a recent thread referred to wanting the ability to change a guyed tower's height at some date after initial construction.  While a noble goal to plan ahead, I wonder what kind of added stress occurs in the guy rod if at rest it is not pointing to the approximate center of the tower?  Is it something to worry about?

73 Mike N2MG

http://www.peoplepc.com

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com">