[TowerTalk] US Tower tubular crankups

Kent Hager (KK1H) kahager@gis.net
Mon, 4 Jun 2001 19:47:40 -0400

Attn Tower Talk Users,
Considering the purchase of a used 7 yr old US Tower MA40 Tubular style
crankup and have been told by the company that the cables need to be
replaced approx every 3 years depending on the climate by a professional
installer.  Has any user of this type of tower had to replace the cables on
their tower and if so what was the expense?  Is 3 years the approx life span
for cables on a crankups generally speaking or can you expect to get more
life out of them.  I suppose the company is playing it safe(liability wise)
when  making this recomendation.
Thanks for you opinions.....73 Kent   KK1H

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com">
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----