[TowerTalk] Minature Fiberglass Towers ...

utahfolk utahfolk@xmission.com
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 14:39:01 +0100

Well, kinda pushin it I know, but we have a problem that we cannot solve
and
am hoping someone can advise the simple solution we have not been able to
find.   We have a telescoping fiberglass pole, three sections, extends to
about
30 feet, bought from Antennas West years ago.  They have worked very
well for many field expeditions.   Now on the last one testing NVIS ants we
put one pole up 15 feet for an apex mount for dipoles and now cannot get
it to release.  You extend the section to the position you want, then twist
(either CW or CCW!!!!) and it will lock.  We cannot now get one section
unlocked and don't know which way to turn because it locks from the
neutral position in either direction ... so twisting CCW, for example,
may well be tightening it even more ... we have tried everything we know
to break this thing loose .... any solutions other than chain saws and
dynamite?   Thanks for the assistance .... de Dave @ kd7aee

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com">
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>