[TowerTalk] Wind Loading redux, PP Motors

K7GCO@aol.com K7GCO@aol.com
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 17:10:48 EDT

SPELUNK.SUENO@prodigy.net writes:

<< Ken:

      Thanks for your note.  I agree that a BIG rotator can withstand and
 survive many of the overloads that torque imbalances can place on it.  I'm
 not familiar with PP rotators, but I'll take your word on their robustness.

      BUT, if the rotator survives, that means that the torque has to go
 somewhere else.  That's the tower itself.  NOW I have the problem of
 ensuring that my guys are strong enough, the tower material is beefy enough,
 etc., etc., ad nauseum.  All this co$t$.  I'd rather not have those
 headaches.

      As I've been saying (writing), do your math, move things around on the
 proper size mast, and sleep soundly each night.

 73 de
 Gene Smar  AD3F