[TowerTalk] Rust Converter

David Jordan wa3gin@erols.com
Sun, 10 Jun 2001 17:20:50 -0400

Hi Folks,

I've started working on renovating my tower...got some surface rust.
I've been using my drill with a wire cup brush attachment to get the
rust off and down to almost bare metal...  Then I've been painting it
with some chemical stuff the farmers use around here( Gempler's rust
converter)...it turns the remaining rust a black color.  Apparently,
after that one just has to paint over it.

Does anyone know if this stuff is worth using?  Should I just use cold
galvanized paint over the bare metal?

thanks,
dave
wa3gin