[TowerTalk] DB-304 Antennas and 3 degrees down tilt

Paul Finch paulfinch@msn.com
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 13:44:05 -0500

Hello,

A Ham friend and I have a couple of tall towers that we are getting
complaints of getting into the repeaters while fairly close to the tower.
Both of these towers use receive multicoupler systems off the top of the
tower and transmit combiners off lower antennas.  We both run Ham repeaters.
We both have commercial systems on these towers to support our toys (500
foot towers).

Has anyone out there played with the Decibel Products DB-304 antenna phasing
harness to achieve 3 degrees of down tilt at the 3 dB half power point?  I
have talked to one of the design engineers that originally designed the 304
antenna around 30 years ago.  He did some initial testing on down tilting
this antenna but can't remember the cable lengths to accomplish 3 degrees of
down tilt.  Unfortunately, he no longer works for DB and DB will not make
the harnesses.  Is there an antenna simulator out there that would help?

Paul Finch
WB5IDM

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com">