[TowerTalk] Ginpole for 20 foot sections

Gary McDuffie, Sr. ag0n@arrl.net
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 13:10:29 -0600

On Wed, 13 Jun 2001 11:50:37 -0700, Brown, James E LRDOR wrote:

> And what if there are no workers applying "downforce", but instead the end
> of the line is tied off to a tree, and the load is suspended static?

The down force is subtracted from the weight of the tree and still
applied as down force to hold the load.  The down force of the tree to
the ground decreases by the same amount that is transferred to the
suspended load.  ;o)

Now...  Since you probably didn't have a tree right at the base of the
tower, you are running the rope at an angle and you'll have to vector in
the angular pull, etc.   ;o}

Gary

ag0n at arrl dot net
http://mcduffie.ws