[TowerTalk] Removing Oil from a Motor

Stan or Patricia Griffiths w7ni@easystreet.com
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 10:30:06 -0700

Are you sure you guys aren't talking about "trichoroethylene"?  I use that stuff to
degrease oscilloscope fan motors all the time when I rebuild them as part of the old
scope restoration process.  It is not as volatile as the freons I have seen and you can
still get it in jugs at a chemical supply house.  Many freons boil at atmospheric
pressures and room temperatures.  Trichloroethylene does not, but it does evaporate
rather quickly and you really need to keep the container capped.  You also need to use
it in a well ventilated area.  I have never seen it in a spray can.  You have sign a
paper saying you are aware of the dangers of using this chemincal when you buy it.

We could be talking about different chemicals here.  I have never heard of
"trichlorethane" but then there are lots of chemicals I have never heard of . . .

Stan
w7ni@easystreet.com

Bryan Fields wrote:

> List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
> for information on our fabulous Trylon Titan self-supporting towers - up to
> 96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com">
> www.ChampionRadio.com</A>
>
> -----

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us