[TowerTalk] Need help locating Rohn BXB 7-8

Ward Silver hwardsil@WOLFENET.com
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 07:40:27 -0700 (PDT)

> I want to move a Rohn HDBX48 tower, but am having difficulty locating the
> base stubs (BXB 7-8). Apparently, the HX series and parts have been
> discontinued, and I would rather not jackhammer the stubs out, or set  four
> feet of the tower in concrete if I can avoid it.Thanks in advance.
> Brad Johnson
> AA5CH

When I moved HDBX48, I didn't get the base, either.  I used pipe as the
stubs, choosing an OD that allowed the bolts to pull tight against the
inside of the lowest section without deforming the legs.  This has worked
fine (thus far).

The only problem I've had was that water got into the pipes (my fault) and
had to be siphoned out.  Put a cap on the pipes or fill them with cement
(after you put the bolts in).

73, Ward N0AX

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com">