[TowerTalk] Re: [Force 12 Talk] Rivets

Roger Huntley huntleyr@gte.net
Thu, 01 Mar 2001 03:24:28 +0000

Pete,
I just assembled a C31-XR and the element to boom connections consist of two
rivets and two bolts at each connection.  The C-3 that I am starting to
assemble has three holes at each element connector with only two rivets.  The
center hole on the element flange is not drilled through the boom.  I am
thinking about drilling the boom at that location and inserting a bolt through
similiar to what they did for the C31-XR.

What does surprise me is that the factory has not felt it necessary to respond
to all of the correspondence on this subject.  Are they trying to hide
something?  I would hope that is not the case because I have been very
impressed with the service and product until I started hearing about the
possible rivet problem.
73,
Roger Huntley, W7VV