[TowerTalk] Coax Rating

Bob Alexander realex@flash.net
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 06:16:18 -0600

Hi Ted,
My RG Cable Guide is so old it does not list RG8X.  However, for RG8 and 8A
it says to use
RG213.
 If weight is a concern, why not use a half wavelength of ladder line from
the antenna feed point to a place near the ground where you can connect it
to a coax via a 1:1 balun.  You could also use ladder line all the way to
the shack and a tuner.

73, Bob, W5AH