[TowerTalk] Re: [Force 12 Talk] Rivets

tgstewart@pepco.com tgstewart@pepco.com
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 08:31:04 -0500

What Natan told me is that they acknowledge that they had a problem with
some early production heavy duty yagi's because they discovered they were
using rivets that were too short to be reliable on some thicker wall
joints.  I guess they've also decided to use bolts on some brackets now as
well.

73, Ty K3MM

                    K7LXC@aol.com
                    Sent by:                    To:     huntleyr@gte.net, n4zr@contesting.com
                    owner-towertalk@cont        cc:     Force12Talk@qth.com,
                    esting.com                  towertalk@contesting.com
                                                Subject:     Re: [TowerTalk] Re: [Force 12 Talk]
                                                Rivets
                    03/01/2001 06:55 AM

In a message dated 2/28/01 7:24:24 PM Pacific Standard Time,
huntleyr@gte.net
writes:

> What does surprise me is that the factory has not felt it necessary to
> respond
>  to all of the correspondence on this subject.  Are they trying to hide
>  something?  I would hope that is not the case because I have been very
>  impressed with the service and product until I started hearing about the
>  possible rivet problem.

    Just because there are 1100 of us interested in this sort of thing
doesn't mean that the manufacturer is a subscriber. In the case of the F12
factory and N6BT, they're not TT subscribers. I'm not sure Tom even reads
the
Force12 reflector traffic on qth.com.

    In the case of the carping that goes on vis-a-vis contest sponsors on
the
cq-contest reflector, NONE of the sponsors subscribe to the reflector so
discussions go on for days that have NO impact on the topic. While
TowerTalk
used to have Hy-Gain and some other subscribers including Steve Davis, the
President of Cushcraft, none of them are current subscribers.

    If you want to pose a question or make a statement to a manufacturer,
you
need to contact them directly. If you report back to TT what you found, I'm

sure there are lots of us interested in hearing what you found out.

Cheers,    Steve    K7LXC
Tower Tech
Champion Radio Products
TT Admin