[TowerTalk] Homebrew Tower

Barry Kirkwood bjk@ihug.co.nz
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 18:08:36 +1300

Hello Jerry,
My 1970 ARRL Antenna Book p.274-5 gives brief notes on 60ft tubular tiltover
mast.
The original in QST, article called "A Paul Bunyan Whip" or words to that
effect.
There were also later tech notes on welds and steel specification.
Am too busy to search my old QSTs, (1960s?) but some one may be able to come
up with the reference.
Also believe another mag ?CQ cam up with a bolted version.
There were many made and they had a fine reputation.
My friend Terry ZL2BBO has a slightly smaller one at 50ft which has stood
for years.
Personally I would go this way if I had the space to tilt a mast.
73

end
Barry Kirkwood PhD ZL1DD
Signal Hill Homestay