Re[2]: [TowerTalk] Re: Digging holes

Bob Otto Bob Otto <N8NGA@one.net>
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 23:19:33 -0500

Hello Ted,

That's exactly what I used for the base for my new tower.  I had some
unusual topography and had to have a hole on the side of a hill and
dug it about 14' deep to insure it was strong enough (given it was on
the side of a hill).  I used a Sonitube for the form for the upper 8'
and it worked just fine.  I can send pics if anyone is interested.
BTW, the rebar was 14' too, and tied to the frame for the tower.  You
can bet it would have been fun putting a 45" diameter, 14' long rebar
cage in a hole by hand!  I had the hole dug with a drill rig with a
48" auger and talked them into setting the rebar cage in the hole.

73 from.......

Bob Otto
N8NGA@one.net
Cincinnati, Ohio

Time Written:
11:14:10 PM
Attachments:
<none>

DXCC 10M         ** DX is !! **        WAS 10M
       There is a very fine line between
         "HOBBY" and "MENTAL ILLNESS"
When trouble arises and things look really bad,
there is always one individual who perceives a
solution and is willing to take command.
      VERY OFTEN THAT PERSON IS CRAZY!