[TowerTalk] Roof Tower or Quadpod

Eric Rosenberg wd3q@erols.com
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 00:11:48 -0500

Need some sagely advice for my spring/summer (should it ever get here!)
antenna project, one that I'm planning to do with local help, raising
my C3-SS ~6 feet higher off the roof.

I can go with either 12 or so feet of Rohn 25 (flat top, straight
section, peak roof mount) with guys

or

IIX 10 foot roof quadpod without guys.

I've done the later (I have a ~6 ft aluminum quadpod up now), so I know
how to do that, but I've not done a roof mounted tower in a long, long
time.

I don't know much about guying towers (never seen anything written on
the subject...can anyone point to references?) -- planning, materials,
costing, installing and tweaking, etc. -- so I'd be diving into new
territory.

Any suggestions, thoughts, advice, etc. are appreciated.  I'll post a
summary here for those interested.

73,

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC