[TowerTalk] COAX connector heating

Barry Kutner w2up@mindspring.com
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 10:40:39 -0500

I agree with Bill, W7TI.
When I am contesting on RTTY, full power, on 10m, my coax
(RG213) gets a bit warm to the touch. We're not talking hot, or hot
enough to melt the dielectric or jacket. Using larger coax is overkill,
as it is within the coax's specs. It's like saying if your amplifier gets
warm, you need a bigger amplifier!
Barry W2UP

Newtown, PA         FRC         alternate: barry@w2up.wells.com