[TowerTalk] Hy-Gain info & parts wanted

N9EN@VOYAGER.NET n9en@voyager.net
Tue, 1 May 2001 11:50:48 -0500

Hello, T-T'ers and thanks for reading this! In my base-
ment, I found the elements for what appears to be an OLD
Hy-Gain TH3 triband yagi. It's from the era when Hy-Gain
used the stamped steel clamps, in conjunction with hex
head screws & square nuts.

The hardware is badly rusted and the plastic end caps
for the traps are very deteriorated. Does anyone know
what Hy-Gain's part number is for the end caps for the
traps? I checked the trap part numbers and they are the
same as for my TH7, so I'm thinking that this is the high-
power version of the TH3.

Also, I don't have a boom for the antenna. According to
a 1996 AES catalog, it listed a Hy-Gain TH3Mk4 as
having a 14' long boom. Would anyone have an old Hy-
Gain boom they'd like to sell me and ship to me via UPS?
An old TH6DXX boom also would work. I just wouldn't
need the entire length; only the 2 center pieces.

I don't need the boom-to-mast bracket, as I have a few
of those laying around. One more thing...if someone has
an instruction / owner's manual for a TH3 that they could
photocopy & send me, I'd be more than willing to pay
them for it (the high-power model).

Thanks for your help with this. I appreciate it. Good DX
and 73 de Brad @ Radio Free Roscoe (IL)...

List Sponsor:  ChampionRadio.com - Trylon self-supporting towers,
http://www.championradio.com

-----