[TowerTalk] answers re rotor control bulb

alsopb alsopb@gloryroad.net
Wed, 02 May 2001 11:44:18 +0000

The benefit to using the 1819 is that you can get it at Radio Shack.
One of them doesn't put out enough light.

There is a solution.  Buy a second socket and parallel two of 1819's.
It then produces adequate light and spreads it out more evenly over
the meter face.

As you point out the expected lifetime is quite a bit longer.

73 de Brian/K3KO

Frank Ayers wrote:

> The 1819 shows as having a life of 2500 hours and produces .34
> MSCP of light (candle power of some sort). The 1820 shows a life
> of 1000 hours but produces 1.6 MSCP so it's about 3 times brighter.
>
> There is also a 757 with a current of .08 and a light output
> of .62 MSCP but a rated life of 7500 hours. I might check that
> one out sometime. All cost about 80 cents each at Mouser.
>
> Frank
> W2FCA

List Sponsor:  ChampionRadio.com - Trylon self-supporting towers,
http://www.championradio.com