[TowerTalk] Tilting up Rohn 25.

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Sat, 5 May 2001 22:59:12 EDT

In a message dated 5/5/01 12:54:29 PM Pacific Daylight Time, shr@ricc.net
writes:

> There IS one technique that has been used successfully
>  on the east coast (DC area, I believe) that has pulled up
>  towers of this size (and larger) with antennas on top.
>
>  It is an old technique that is called the "falling derrick"
>  method and it is shown in old Navy construction manuals.

    Interesting but doesn't sound like a job for amateurs. Personally I'd get
a crane or boomtruck in there. You can do it in 2 picks and NO ONE has to
climb it to erect it. If the guys and anchors are ready, the crane will be in
and out in about an hour.

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC
Tower Tech

List Sponsor:  Champion Radio Products - We'll be at the Dayton Hamvention
with all of our safety equipment and other products. Stop by booth #559 and
say hi.
<A HREF="a">http://www.championradio.com</A>

-----