[TowerTalk] Force 12 C3 spacers

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Wed, 16 May 2001 14:25:34 EDT

In a message dated 5/16/01 9:39:38 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
aa7bg@3rivers.net writes:

> Can anyone tell me if this is also a potential problem on the C3-XL?

    You mean is this antenna potentially susceptible to driven elements
wiggling around in the wind? The answer for ALL sleeve-type feed systems is
yes.

    Is this a problem? Not really. It's more annoying than problematic.
Remember that the only antenna parameter hams can measure is SWR so some of
us tend to become relatively anal about *low* swr so anything that upsets it
- no matter how minor - is viewed with some concern.

    Would I personally worry about it? Naw. But if you are, feel free to
fabricate some plastic spacers held by hose clamps out towards the end of the
shorter elements. Sometimes things are more of a psychological problem than a
'real' one.

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC
Tower Tech

List Sponsor:  Champion Radio Products - We'll be at the Dayton Hamvention
with all of our safety equipment and other products. Stop by booth #559 and
say hi.
<A HREF="http://www.championradio.com">www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----