[TowerTalk] c31xr

Frank C. Travanty w9jcc@juno.com
Wed, 16 May 2001 16:35:05 -0500

I had a similar problem with my C31. It was corrected by first insuring
that all the element lengths were per the lengths in the manual (I had
made some adjustments to the 15/20 drivers), then spreading the stock 20M
hairpin coil slightly for ~ 3/8 inch spacing on the windings, and finally
adjusting the spacing of the original lengths of parallel feed wires at ~
0.7 inches.

On Wed, 16 May 2001 16:10:57 +0100 Steve <ve3tu@rac.ca> writes:
> Just put up a c31xr I can't seem to get the 15m low swr
> point in the 15m part of the band. the mfj 249 shows low
> swr at 20.7 mc with the parallel feed line pushed
> together. When they are apart the low swr point is 20.5
> mc. I have read other posts regarding the 15m low swr
> point and some hams have switched to separate feeds and
> the ant. works fine like that. Before I pull the ant. down
> and start drilling rivets to shorten the 15m driven
> element has anyone tried moving the 15m driven element and
> did you get the low swr point in the right part of the
> band?
>
> tu Steve
>

> List Sponsor:  Champion Radio Products - We'll be at the Dayton
> Hamvention
> with all of our safety equipment and other products. Stop by booth
> #559 and
> say hi.
> <A HREF="http://www.championradio.com">www.ChampionRadio.com</A>
>
> -----