[TowerTalk] Questions on my tower

n4kg@juno.com n4kg@juno.com
Wed, 16 May 2001 18:54:58 -0600

On Wed, 16 May 2001 19:35:58 EDT K7LXC@aol.com writes:

> For many construction and engineering purposes, a wind is only
> worth  considering when it reaches 70 MPH. And the TIA-222
> windspeeds are  every 50  years occurrences.
>
> Cheers,    Steve    K7LXC
> Tower Tech

Hmmm...that must mean I have seen 100 years worth in my
20 years in the country / county :-)

One small tornado that took out dozens of my trees
(including a 75 year old Oak and 75 year old Beech)
with estimated 80 to 90 MPH winds and another event
with straight line winds described as 80 to 90 MPH
that broke previously damaged limbs from the tornado.
Towers and (beam) antennas all survived.  Most wire
antennas lost to falling trees / branches.

That doesn't include the microburst that flipped and sank
a company boat named The SCI-Tanic on the Tennessee
River 20 miles south of me several years ago.

de Tom  N4KG  in the Tornado Alley of North Alabama

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

List Sponsor:  Champion Radio Products - We'll be at the Dayton Hamvention
with all of our safety equipment and other products. Stop by booth #559 and
say hi.
<A HREF="http://www.championradio.com">www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----