[TowerTalk] [Q] ground buss for radials?

Jerry Kincade w5kp@swbell.net
Sun, 20 May 2001 17:37:10 -0500

Made one 4 years ago from scrap heavy gauge copper sheet roofing ($1 a pound
at the local metal scrap dealer). Laminated it to a doughnut shaped piece of
1/2" lexan about 18" in diameter, drilled 32 1/4" holes around the
perimeter, attached 16 27' #16 insulated copper radials to that (I have more
to put out), with a single piece of copper strap to the base of a Hy-Gain
14AVQ. Used stainless machine screws/hardware from the Ace Hardware store,
hasn't given me any problems or corrosion yet, works fine. Eventually turned
a nice shade of neutral weathered green, gives a nice camo effect in the
antenna farm.
73, Jerry W5KP

> Does anyone know of a company that makes a ground buss for radials to put
> around a VERT antenna? I am sure I have seen one somewhere, but unable to
find
> it with a web search.
>
> TU TNX
> de Ken n9vv at n9vv dot com

List Sponsor:  Champion Radio Products - We'll be at the Dayton Hamvention
with all of our safety equipment and other products. Stop by booth #559 and
say hi.
<A HREF="http://www.championradio.com">www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----