[TowerTalk] GM Hazer with guys

Howard Klein howk2@hotmail.com
Wed, 23 May 2001 00:36:22

Kevin,
Thank you for summarizing your replies. I found a few ideas that would be
useful for me. I have the GM 70 foot tower with hazer. It works quite well.
My only concern is that I may be locked into being unable to stack antennas
in the future. I have not figured out how to stack antennas and still be
able to lower the hazer. One idea that I have found useful is to color code
the guys with colored tape and spray painted the anchors a matching color so
that they quickly can be returned to the correct anchor. I use 6 guys which
can take a bit to sort out when in a hurry.. I usually do not replace the
guys after the hazer is lowered until after the work is complete. One
intriguing idea for was the mention of the fork type turnbuckles. The
hardest part of the job for me is unscrewing the turnbuckles and then
replacing. Any idea where this type turnbuckle can be obtained??

Howard...K2HK