[TowerTalk] aluminum towers

David L. Thompson thompson@mindspring.com
Wed, 23 May 2001 01:10:44 -0400

There are a number of tower manufacturers beside Heights and Universal
Tower.  There is also a second Universal Tower, Inc. that was formed in 1997
and they have a web page that is noted when you look for Universal Tower.
They only give quotes so its probably risky to ask!

Beside the towers talked about on towertalk, Glen martin Engineering makes
both aluminum and steel with or without the Hazer.   Force 12 also makes
portable tubular crank ups.

One place where aluminum is used effectively is near the sea coasts.  A
friend has a 15 year old US Tower TX472 and it in need of galvanizing again
badly.   He lives on the opposite side of the island from the ocean.

73 Dave K4JRB

List Sponsor:  Champion Radio Products - We'll be at the Dayton Hamvention
with all of our safety equipment and other products. Stop by booth #559 and
say hi.
<A HREF="http://www.championradio.com">www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----