[TowerTalk] aluminum towers

K3BU@aol.com K3BU@aol.com
Wed, 23 May 2001 16:29:05 EDT

In a message dated 5/23/01 1:24:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
k1ttt@berkshire.net writes:

>  > I thought an island was surrounded by water?
>  >

>  they are, but not always the same body of water on each side.  look at
> barrier
>  islands along the coast, or islands at the end of a river delta.  long
> island ny
>  is a good example, one side on the ocean the other on the sound and parts
of
> the
>  west end surrounded by various bays and the east river.

and amazing thing, on the bay side of Cape Hatteras, there is hardly any tide
or antenna destructive waves, so you get salt water without it detuning the
(vertical) antennas. Love it there!

Yuri K3BU

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com">