[TowerTalk] New Source for Yagi Ubolts

David J. Windisch davidw@copper.net
Wed, 30 May 2001 06:18:53 -0400

Hi, all concerned:

FWIW, over the years, I have seen 'white powdered aluminum' only *inside*
minimula elements where  hygroscopic dust bunnies are the cause.   I have
seen dozens of Mosley rotating dummy loads, replete with s/s hardware, and
*no* corrosion except where copper feedlines meet al elements, while older
HyGain and CC stuff turns dark brown from deteriorating plated hardware.

Dunno why my experience seems to be so different from the advertising
puffery re 'mechanical galvanizing' put out by Antronics.

Only thing I have done to 'qualify' any s/s I've used is to reject it if it
is attracted by one of my 5-lb speaker magnets, kept for that purpose.
Tells me that multiple grades of s/s exist.

YMMV.

73, Dave, K3BHJ

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com">