[TowerTalk] Powerline noise-Timewave ANC-4

Chris BONDE ve7hcb@rac.ca
Fri, 02 Nov 2001 17:37:29 -0800

What did the power line noises sound like?  How did they detect from where
the nosies were coming?

I have some noises here that seem to turn on when I am trying to make that
contact.  I am wondering if the Sodium vapour street lights that keep on
flickering on and off create some noise.  Also how would I check if where
the noise is coming from?

Hopefully a very inexpenisve method.  I have a loop that a ham built.  It
is a computer cable (printer?) on a squre frame, connections to make each
of the wires loop around and a round, cap tuner for the curcit.  Now I
should be able to connect a small portable Rx to this and find the source.

Any ideas or comments?

Chris opr VE7HCB

At 12:51 AM 2001-11-02 -0800, Rick Conners  WA7ND wrote:

>The power company has done all that it can to eliminate nearby powerline
>problems.
>
>Now that I have gone through that, my ears are picking up noise that I
>probably have ignored before.
>
>Has anyone used the ANC-4 antenna noise canceller.....does it REALLY work?
>
>Thanks/73
>
>Rick
>WA7ND
>wa7nd@arrl.net
>ThunderPaws Ranch
>Tumalo, Oregon, USA
>

>List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,
>Trylon Titan towers, coax, hardline and more. Also check out our self
>supporting towers up to 100 feet for under $1500!!  http://www.anwireless.com
>
>-----

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----