[TowerTalk] Re: Balloon-held Vertical-Inheritance

K7GCO@aol.com K7GCO@aol.com
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 05:35:14 EST

In a message dated 11/8/01 5:05:17 PM Pacific Standard Time, n4kg@juno.com
writes:<<
With 160 acres, you could use 3 or 4 tethers to keep the
 balloon in one position with the wire suspended below.
 As the wind blows, the balloon will go up and down,
 but not move very far laterally.  Of course you will need
 more lifting power for the additional tethers.
 Tom  N4KG
 _ >>
Tom: That is a good suggestion but I plan to use a Dirigible which holds it's
position in even fairly stiff winds.  It has great lift when about 10' long
and with a fairly stout stranded cable I don't see it breaking.  One rope on
it wouldn't hurt.  I plan to make a padded wooden box for it on a trailer for
protective storage and transportation.  It could be stored inflated with
little leakage or a touch up.  It could be reeled up and down at will for
resonance and storage.  One of my one knob or one shaft L networks remotely
controlled by a selsyn and turns counter could match it very quickly.  I
don't have power lines for a couple of miles.

I'd like to try a Kite LW up to 1000'.  I'd want to be able to control the
average wire angle by some way to adjust the kite angle.  Depending on the
frequency and length of the wire there will be a certain cone of radiation
around the wire that approaches the wire up to about 17 degrees at about 8 WL
or so.  So there would be a wire angle at 80-10m that would be optimum for
local, inbetween and for DX that could be quickly changed by a kite angle
change.  This would be great for a Sweep Stakes or DX Contest.

I just saw government maps of ground conductivity again and there is a patch
right through my QTH in SD with the highest value in the US of 30 of the
units used (Mill semens or something) for ground conductivity where salt
water is 500.  I had seen values of 5000 for salt water before.  Does anyone
one know which value is correct?  500 is still a big jump from 30.  I have
radiated some very strong signals from SD before with a Pr 813's that
prompted visitors from around the country-- and DX.  Some of them left
shaking their head but they operated my rig, were fairly well convinced on
how to do it and I worked them later.  Only one ever left or sent any "Green
Stamps in Appreciation."  No more tours!!

The average height of a Kite Sloper is fairly high, in the clear and
therefore it should really put out a "Booming Low Angle Signal."  There are
some simple Blinking Red Lights that can be attached to balloons or kite for
safety reasons.

In the last 4 months I've been helping a friend with a legal problem he
didn't create.  The lawyers have been paid very well to help 1 of 3 children
who decided she wanted all of the inheritance--instead of 1/3.  Of an estate
of about $500,000, she embezzled about $460,000 of it and almost got the
other $40,000.  I've been able to review all the crooked things that went on
in great detail and have been writing many Affidavits etc.  One time I was on
the word processor from 9 PM to 4 PM the next day straight, went home and
took a shower and went to a play off game.

When I got my Porsche I found out that "the more expensive your toys or
necessities the longer the line of Professional Leaches that line up to screw
you out of all your money."  That Porsche was the most expensive thing I ever
purchased. It's an 81 with only 60,000 miles on it for a variety of reasons.

There is another area of "Leachism" I didn't realize how bad it was until I
saw it in it's sickening existence several times when a bad family member
uses the legal profession to rip off her 90 year old disabled Mother.  I've
seen repeated examples of embezzlement that the legal authorities won't do
anything about.  When brought to their attention, all you hear "is what they
can't, won't and don't want to do with your problem."  It's like that
everywhere with a problem in business even in ham radio.  This is why the
crooks and legal people get away with one thing after another as no one goes
after them when reported.  I'm sending a full report to 60 Minutes on this
and who knows even I may be on there telling the story that many will find
hard to believe.  It cost me a lot of time and money over the last 4 months
but I couldn't stand by and not help a friend as I've been a similar victim
in another area.  Someday you will live to see the higher levels of
"Leachism" in several areas.  The police have told me that this stuff goes on
all the time.  I coined a term that has raised the eye brows of several as
many in the Legal Field have a serious disease called "Client Dyslexia."
During WWII there was something similar called "Double Agents" who worked for
2 sides and when caught were often killed.

Now I've seen 4 ham friends of mine who thought that during their retirement
they were going to enjoy their retirement, wanted all the antenna info they
could get from me and were willing to properly pay for it.  Their retirement
and Ham Radio Nest Egg was stolen from them "Legally"(?) and I ended up
giving them free antenna info.  It can happen to anyone.  So for what it is
worth the thing to watch out for is any level of disability or incompetence.
The Legal System can come down on you in ways that would stager you and you
will end up with Guardians that will dispense your estate with a "Slight
Service Fee" (most of it).  It's another license to steal.  Ham Radio is so
expensive now you can't afford any others dipping into your Ham Radio Budget
or for Consulting Fees.  Even the banker in my small town reitred after 30
years everyone thought.  Actually he had his bank taken away from him by the
Banking Commisson after 30 years of ripping off customers.  I uncovered that
in 2 days where many long time residents didn't know of it.

Paul Harvey summed it up with this.  He told of a Couple in Nebraska, the
husband died and the widows summation of what happened was this.  You work
all your life to leave your kids something and all you do is end up
supporting the Nebraska Bar.

If you think this won't happen to you, more power to you.  I've seen too many
examples of it to ignore and not warn people of it.  Stealing Ham Radio
Retirement Money is about as low as one can get.  k7gco

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----