[TowerTalk] Feedlines and phasing

Robert Shohet kq2m@mags.net
Sun, 11 Nov 2001 10:50:05 -0500

Hi Guys,

Quick question on feedlines and phasing......

I am thinking of phasing a 4-sq and Yagi through an antenna switchbox (so
they can be separate at other times).  The Yagi feedline is 3/2 wavelength
long.  The 4-sq. feedline is currently 4/2 wavelengths long. (It is not
possible to make it 3/2 wavelengths long and I don't want to make the other
yagi feedlines 4/2 wavelengths long).

My question is, does it matter if the 4-sq. feedline is 4/2 wavelengths
long, or would it be better if it was 5/2 wavelengths long
and 360 degrees longer than 3/2 wavelength?

Your thoughts please.

Tnx & 73

Bob KQ2M

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,