[TowerTalk] 2m / 70cm / 23cm antenna

George Shaw george.shaw@ukf.net
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 10:43:56 -0000

On Wed, 14 Nov 2001, George Shaw wrote:

> What is the shortest effective antenna for 2m / 70cm / 23cm. I would want
> put this on the top of the mast. What about radials??? Grounding???
> Lightning????

George, if the mast is outside (no roof over it) why do you care about
its length? I use a diamond 300A which is about 8' long, and it is vastly
better than the 5/8 wave I used to have. I am very happy to have bought
it, and sometimes wish I bought the 500A which is 2' longer. Those
colinears do a good job when there is a lot of them to radiate. -pat

The main concern is visibility from ground level. I am at the top of 14th
floor block and need to keep the visible element as invisible as possible.
Not great problem between say 4-8' but beyond that it could cause unwanted
interest.

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----