[TowerTalk] How to mount choke balun?

Tom Delker k1ky@bellsouth.net
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 09:01:42 -0600

An easy method of mounting these choke baluns wound around (or inside) a
PVC form is to suspend a 2" (or whatever needed to fit over the boom)
piece of PVC inside the larger form, then slip it over the boom. I leave
about 1" of the inner piece extending out from the larger form, slit the
end and secure with a hoseclamp to the main boom.

The only downside to this is replacement.  Should you blow it up, you
will have to disassemble the beam!

I have sucessfully wound these baluns on the INSIDE of a 6" form, then
filled it with foam.  This makes a nice weatherproof balun and it looks
really cool on the antenna.

--
Thomas M. Delker - K1KY CFO#395 - Smyrna/Gallatin, TN (IRLP NODE #466)
A.R.R.L. District Emergency Coordinator - Tennessee District #4

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----