[TowerTalk] Ropes, strings, and swivels.

Tom Rauch W8JI@contesting.com
Sat, 17 Nov 2001 08:27:31 -0500

In an off-reflector conversation, I mentioned using swivels to prevent
ropes and support lines from twisting antennas. It was suggested I
post this as general information.

I use large saltwater swivels from Nylon Net Company to prevent
wire twisting as ropes or support lines are raised and lowered. I
also buy my string and ropes from the same place. My 160-meter
dipole with 300 feet of RG-8X hanging from the center has been
supported for years by a large saltwater swivel, and I use them at
the ends of my bowtie elements to prevent wrapping up of the
element as the support lines twist.

They have long lengths of weather proof  string and marine rope, as
well as rope accessories.

The company I use is Nylon Net Company 1-800-238-7529. That
number is manned 24 hrs a day.

73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,