[TowerTalk] True North debate ( Was laying out antennas)

Rick Bullon kc5ajx@hotmail.com
Thu, 22 Nov 2001 02:50:46 +0000

All this debate about finding true North is meaningless!!! I think this
started when someone was asking about laying out beverage antennas, this
thread has deviated so much that the original question is lost.
It makes no difference where true North is. The antennas we use have a wide
enough beam width that the difference between magnetic North and true North
is trivial. Just calibrate your rotor to North and align the antenna in that
direction and be done with it.
73
Rick
KC5AJX