[TowerTalk] Rohn 25G Fold Over Tower

David O Hachadorian k6ll@juno.com
Sat, 24 Nov 2001 09:55:17 +0000

I've been using a tower identical to yours for
the last 23 years.

Follow the instructions in the Rohn catalog:

The four 3/16" EHS guy wires should be pretensioned to 400 pounds.
That sounds like a lot more tension than you have now.

Be sure to guy the top of the tower, unless you are using a
very small antenna with a short boom and elements.

The only reasons to use insulators on the midsection guys is
to avoid mistuning an antenna located at that point, or if you are
going to feed the tower as a vertical radiator.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ
K6LL@juno.com

On Sat, 24 Nov 2001 08:22:39 -0800 "Al Ardon" <aardon@hctc.com> writes:

> Good Morning,
>
> I hope everyone had a nice holiday. I did. Going forth and raising
> this
> tower, I am wondering if anyone out there might have any experience
> with
> guying the mid section. I decided to go to 48 feet total height.
>
> My hinge is at 22.5. I have just enough tension on the guys to take
> up
> the slack. Is there anything I need to be aware of before I test the
> folding operation? I've check and double checked the cable on the
> boom
> winch.
>
> Fresh cable and the winch was serviced 2 weeks ago and is working
> great.
> I am mainly concerned with the mid guys and proper tension there. Is
> it
> a practice to use insulators on these guys?

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----