[TowerTalk] SB-1000 help

Zoran Brlecic WA7AA@home.com
Sat, 24 Nov 2001 15:44:53 -0800

KI9A@aol.com wrote:

> My well used ( abt 60k QSO's) SB-1000 died this weekend, popped both fuses on
> back. I notice no bad smell or smoke, & I assume it is a cooked transformer.

Probably, but it could also be the diodes.

> Where can I find a replacement? Does the AL-80 transformer work?

 http://www.pwdahl.com/ham%20catalog.htm  for a direct replacement.

The AL-80 xformer would work after rewiring and remodeling the supply (I believe
the SB-1000 xformer is wired as a voltage doubler, whereas the AL-80 uses a full
wave diode bridge.

73 ........ Zoran WA7AA

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----