[TowerTalk] 80m dipole on a small lot

Dinsterdog@aol.com Dinsterdog@aol.com
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 10:28:42 EST

On small lots, I have to differ here and suggest going with a vertical with a
decent radial system.  Even if the radials have to be short, and/or go off in
various directions,  the angle of radiation with be a lot lower for DX vs the
dipole unless you can hang it up very high off a big tree or tower.  My
suggestion is to take the dipole wire and cut it up for radials- Then use a
Butternut HF2V and work some decent DX- A dipole might here better under
certain conditions, but I never had had luck with low band dipole in small
back yard when fairly tested against back yard verticals like the HF2V and
Hustler 5bandBTV.

73  Paul  N0AH

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----